Monday, January 16, 2012

A Christmas Tradition

Since Carl and I began dating in 2008, we have been taking our parents to our local theater for the Christmas musical each Christmas. We have hosted this dinner at several different places the last four years. In 2008, this dinner was the first time that our parents met each other and we made dinner at Carl's apartment and saw 'The Christmas Carol'. Then in 2009, we were engaged and we went out to dinner since Carl lived at the lake and the house was really small and that year we saw 'The Sound of Music.'  We were married in 2010 and I moved to the lake with Carl, it was a really small house but we managed to host the dinner at the house and everyone just squeezed in. 'Annie' was the musical in 2010.  For our 2011 Christmas dinner, we were moved in to the new house and I could finally put together a proper table setting. I was quite excited about this, I was able to use all my red Fiestaware dishes and I found the idea of using the logs, greenery, candles and roses from Pinterest. For dinner we made a beef roast, corn casserole, twice baked potatoes, candied carrots and mini peanut butter pies. This year we saw 'Miracle on 34th Street', it was a really great show, actually all the shows have been really good.



0 comments:

Post a Comment